The Scholastic Book Fair has arrived! Students will be visiting the Media Center this week with their class.
Our DA students have the opportunity to shop the Book Fair in person. The Digital Academy schedule is below.
Monday 2:30-4:30 2nd & 3rd Grade DA classes
Wednesday 1:00-3:00 K & 1st Grade DA classes
Friday 2:30-4:30 4th & 5th Grade DA classes
On Tuesday from 2:30-4:30 and Thursday from 2:30-6:30 the book fair will be open to all families to shop.
Our Book Fair is also available online. Please use this link to shop online and support our school.
You are welcome to send your student with money to shop the Book Fair, or you may make an eWallet account and add funds to your student’s account to shop at school. Family Members can also gift money to the Student’s eWallet account for the student to shop the book fair.
Library Media Center
Welcome to our Media Center at Wiles!
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday - 7:20 am to 2:15 pm
Wednesday - 7:20 am to 12:50 pm
Friday - 7:20 am to 2:00 pm
School Library Catalog
Policies and Procedures
Checking out books from our school’s library is a privilege and a vital part of the learning process. Policies help ensure our students are responsible stewards of our wide collection of books so that all students will continue to have access to these valuable resources.
Book Checkout Policy:
- Checkout is for one week and books may be renewed twice
- Kindergarten students may check out 1 book
- Students in Grade 1-5 may check out 2 books
- If a book is damaged, please bring the book and we will determine if it can be repaired, or the fee for replacing the book
- Fees will not be assessed for damage due to normal wear and tea
Overdue Book Policy:
- If a book is not returned or renewed after one week, an overdue notice will be issued to the student through the classroom teacher
- The student will not be allowed to borrow any more books until all overdue books are returned
- When several overdue notices have been issued, we will presume the book is lost
Options for Lost Books:
- Find the item
- Pay the replacement fee
- Purchase a replacement copy of the book for the library
Replacement fees can be found on the overdue notice and can be paid by cash or check. Checks should be made payable to Wiles Elementary. The payment is refundable if a lost book is found and returned during the current school year.