Welcome to the Alachua County Public Schools Computer Help Desk!
The mission of the Help Desk is to provide superior technical support by building a foundation that allows for the continuous improvement of service from the initial problem until the final resolution. We encourage you to use our site to find valuable information to assist you. The Help Desk administers technical assistance to active employees of the Alachua County School Board. Any student related queries are to be referred to either the School's Site Tech.
The Help Desk's hours of operation are from 7am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and from 7am to 4:30pm on Friday. We are CLOSED weekends and Holidays.
If you have any questions for the Help Desk, please feel free to email, or call, at 955-7500. Any other call inquires (not technical related) will be referred to the main switchboard number at 955-7300.
We hope that you find the Help Desk experience satisfying.
Help Desk Team
- No access: Go see your School/Site Executive Assistant
- Buttons are missing: Go see your School/Site Executive Assistant
- Username/Password Invalid: You need to change/update your AD password
Problem: When people schedule appointments to them, the attendee is not receiving a notification email, but the appointment is showing up on their calendar.
Solution: Open Google Calendar and on the left side where it says "My calendars" hover your mouse over your name and you'll see three dots stacked vertically. Click on the dots and click "Settings and Sharing." (See first attachment.)Then scroll down to "General Notifications" to see the notification options (See 2nd attachment.) I'm betting you currently have New Events set to "None". You'll want to change that to "Email" and possibly do the same for the other options below it.
- Select the Settings icon from your home screen.
- Scroll down and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select the account you want to update. ...
- Tap the Account ... > again to get into the account settings.
- Tap the Password field, clear it and then enter your new password.
- Tap Done to finish.
- Tap on the Settings icon.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Under Common Settings, tap Settings.
- Under Account Settings, tap your username.
- Tap Password to update your password to match the email server.
- Enter your new campus password and then tap OK. You're done!