Policies and Procedures
Student Check Out Policy:
Metcalfe Elementary students are able to check out one book for a 7 day period. Students are allowed to renew books as many times as they would like provided that the book is not on a waiting list for another student. Students are required to return all books before the due date set by the School Board of Alachua County or the book will be considered lost. Students are required to pay for all lost materials.
Teacher Check Out Policy:
Metcalfe Elementary teachers are able to check out unlimited books and materials from the Media Center during the school year. Teachers are allowed to keep books/materials in their classrooms throughout the school year provided that the books/materials are not on a waiting list for another teacher. Teachers are required to return all books before the due date set by the School Board of Alachua County or the book will be considered lost. Teachers are asked to pay for all lost materials that was not stolen by a student.
Overdue notices are sent out once a week for students and once a month for faculty and staff. Students and Faculty are required to return all books/materials on or by the due date set by the School Board of Alachua County. Students are not allowed to check-out until their overdue books are returned.
District Lost, Damaged, Overdue Policy:
- Students unable to pay for lost books may be allowed to work off the debt either in the media center or in the classroom at the discretion of the media specialist and principal of the school.
- Holding report cards until a student's debt is cleared is NOT
- If there are extenuating circumstances beyond the control of the student, the media specialist has the option to waive charges for lost books.
- Money collected for lost or damaged books will be put into that school's internal account and spent on other books and audiovisual materials for the media center.
- In the event that lost materials which have been paid for are returned within one year, a full refund will be given.
Metcalfe Library Media Center
7:15 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
7:15 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Media Specialist: Ms. Redmond
Media Aide: Ms. Groce