CBT (Computer Based Testing)
The documents below are titled according to role. There are three roles at each site for CBT testing.
- Technology Coordinator
- School Assessment Coordinator
- Test Administrator
There are three phases of testing:
- Infrastructure Readiness (TRIAL TESTING)
When logging into Pearson, you will use the Testing site (Brown site). Here you will create fake student accounts to test your infrastructure prior to your first testing date.
- Actual CBT Testing (REAL TESTING with ACTUAL STUDENTS)
When logging into Pearson, you will use the Actual site (Blue site). Here you will see actual students pre-loaded. DO NOT USE THIS SITE FOR INFRASTRUCTURE.
- EPat is to be administered to all students who will be tested. EPat is a SAMPLE test to give students exposure to an online testing environment before they take their actual CBT exam. This is a REQUIRED sample test for ALL students.
District Responsibility to Schools
Preparing computer labs for testing readiness include:
- Coordinating computer imaging (6 mos or newer)
- Installation of TestNav/FSA browsers
- Preparation of required computer specifications to ensure positive testing environment
- Preparation and distribution of AD logins to secure testing environment
- FSA and Pearson infrastructure trial
Zone Tech provides support for infrastructure trial and technology related issues before and during testing periods.
District contact support:
- Terri Perry
(District Testing Coordinator)
Who to Call
IT CBT Help Desk - Level 2 Support
- A district Zone Tech will be available each day from 7:30am to 3:30pm every day of testing to answer questions, assist remotely, and if needed, dispatch a tech to your school.
- Phone #: 955-6983