Message to our Metcalfe Families
Dear W.A. Metcalfe Family,
I believe in communication and working together for the common goal of doing what is best for the children in our school. My goal...our goal...is for students to do their best and achieve more than they thought possible. I have an open door policy and welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you may have.
A few important reminders...
- Supervision of students begins at 7:15 in the cafeteria. All students will report to the cafeteria. No student should arrive on campus before 7:15 a.m.
- We are an extended hour school. Our school day ends at 2:52 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. We dismiss at 1:37 on Wednesdays.
- ALL visitors to campus are screened through the Raptor Visitor and Volunteer Management System. Visitors or volunteers must have their Driver’s License scanned.
- Students may not be checked out during the last fifteen minutes of the school day. All checkouts must be done before 2:15 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. All checkouts on Wednesdays must be done before 1:15.
- Deliveries for students such as balloons and flowers are not taken to the classroom. A delivery will remain in the front office until after school.
- The front office closes at 3:30
- All gates remain locked throughout the school day. Please enter the school through the front breezeway and check in at the front office. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but we do this to ensure a calm, safe environment for our children.
- The district dress code will be enforced. The biggest issue we are having is with open toe shoes, flip flops, and sagging pants on the boys. We will call parents to bring in a change of clothes or shoes.
- Cafeteria - Parents wanting to eat lunch with their child may take only him/her out to a picnic table.
Mrs. Jacquatte Rolle