The Physical Education program at W.W. Irby is designed to promote maximum growth and development through P.E. activities based on the needs and interest of the student. We want the students to desire to be physically fit, confident, and successful in physical education activities and experiences, regardless of the performance of their peers.
What do we do in P.E.? We...
- explore movement concepts, such as spatial awareness and body parts
- learn about skill theme development: traveling, chasing, dodging, jumping, kicking, throwing
- learn about physical fitness and the importance of strength, endurance, and flexibility
How can you help your child enjoy P.E.?
- talk positively about physical activity. Make exercise a family activity
- talk with your child about what he/she is doing in P.E.