Volunteer & Business Partnership Program
Connecting Community and Classrooms
We appreciate your interest in volunteering with Alachua County Public Schools.
- If you are a business or community organization interested in volunteering or partnering with Alachua County schools, please contact the Volunteer and Business Partnership Program at 352-955-7250 ext. 6412.
- If you don't know where you want to volunteer or what type of volunteering you are interested in, please call a Volunteer Specialist at 352-955-7250 ext. 6412 for places and activities that are available to you.
- If you know where you want to volunteer, please complete the Volunteer Application. Please read the information below regarding the application process.
When completing the volunteer application:
- Make sure that the application is filled out completely and the information you enter matches your government-issued identification card including your full legal name.
- Please answer all legal questions completely and honestly. For purposes of School Board policy, convicted means there has been a determination of guilt as a result of a trial or the entry of a plea of nolo contendere, regardless of whether adjudication is withheld, entered into a deferred prosecution or pre-trial diversion agreement, have charges now pending against you, or have sealed or expunged records.
- Please provide a valid email address so you can be notified about the status of your application and future volunteer communications.
You are required to complete a new application each year as all applications expire on June 30th of each school year.
When volunteering or visiting an Alachua County School or facility, you must provide a photo ID. A national check of the sexual predator registries is completed each time a volunteer or visitor checks into our facilities. Other criminal history websites are checked as warranted.
For seniors who would like to volunteer with Alachua County schools, here is important information from the National Council of Aging Care, whose mission is to help seniors live independent, fulfilling lives: According to research, volunteers live longer, due to a culmination of benefits discussed in their guide. How to volunteer as a senior is located here: http://www.aginginplace.org/how-to-volunteer-as-a-senior/
Any information provided by you to Alachua County Public Schools, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments and suggestions are non-confidential. Moreover, such information is a public record subject to public inspection pursuant to law (F.S. § 119).
Contact the Volunteer and Business Partnership Program to see how you can become involved at 352-955-7250 ext.
Tips for Completing the Volunteer Application
- Enter your full name and address as it appears on your driver's license or other government issued identity card.
- Please choose only the school(s) where you would like to volunteer. If you want to volunteer at your children’s school, please check each of their schools and list their names and grades in the appropriate space. You can only fill out one application.
- Please use Explorer, Google, or Firefox for the best results when completing your application.
- Make sure you scroll down to the end of each section of the application to complete all of the requested information.
- Don't forget to click on "Finish" to submit your application.
- If you don't get an approval email within 72 hours, check your SPAM mail.
- For assistance with your volunteer application, please visit the campus where you wish to volunteer or the School Volunteer Office at 352-955-7250 X6411.
District Volunteer & Partners Team
Sharing the Responsibility, Sharing the Results!
Click below to complete the Volunteer Application:
Contact us to find out how to become involved in public schools!
Volunteer and Business Partnership Program Coordinator
Phone (352) 955-7250 x6411
Fax (844) 828-3505
Volunteer and Business Partnership Program Office
2802 NE 8th Avenue
Gainesville, FL 32641