Community involvement in our district is an integral part of our students' and school’s success. Parents, college students, retirees, community members, service organizations, and businesses donate their time and talents through many programs and activities. Below are some of the ways that the community can get involved:
- As a tutor
- Mentor a child or class
- PTA/PTSA Members
- Resource Speakers
- Business Partners
- Classroom Volunteers
- Rockin' Readers
- Lunch Buddies
- School Advisory Members
- Clerical support
School Volunteer Program Statistics for 2018-19
- More than 24,400 volunteers gave over 609,200 documented hours of service to 40 schools and centers.
- Over 386 local businesses & organizations served as Partners in Education, providing resources to our schools valued at over $3.7 million.
- Forty Alachua County schools received the State of Florida Golden School Award for outstanding community involvement.
- Approximately 500 college mentors were paired with at-risk students, serving as positive role models and encouraging friends.
- The Community Resource Volunteer Program provided more than 3,850 enrichment programs in classrooms throughout the school district.
- Almost 1,000 volunteers served as mentors.
- Over 3,000 college students were placed as volunteers in the public schools, working with children needing individual help.