Financial Aid and Scholarships
9th - 11th grades:
- Check out Going Merry and other Scholarship Search Engines
- Practice writing! Scholarships and grants often require essays from applicants. Make sure your writing has been edited and proofread.
- Keep up with your academics. While some financial aid is based on student need, there are plenty of merit-based scholarships available for good students.
- Make sure you have at least one adult (unrelated to you) who can speak positively about you. Some financial aid opportunities require a letter of recommendation.
- Continue applying for scholarships through Going Merry and other Scholarship Search Engines
- Apply for FAFSA beginning on October 1st. (The earlier, the better!)
- Apply for Bright Futures and other scholarships through Florida Financial Aid Application
- Check out the Financial Aid pages of the colleges you are applying to for college-specific scholarships
- Apply for Alachua County Education Foundation Senior Scholarships in January of senior year