Requesting a Classroom Teacher

  • Parents may request that their child be transferred to another teacher’s class, although they will not be able to choose a specific teacher. This includes parents whose child is assigned to an ‘out-of-field’ teacher. To request a transfer, parents should submit a request in writing to the school principal. Decisions on whether to grant transfer requests may be based on the availability of space, educational appropriateness and other appropriate factors. Schools will notify parents of approval or denial within two weeks of receiving the request.