Academy of Health Professions
Attention Incoming 9th Graders
Career Academy Forum
The Career Academy Forum will be held on November 14, 2019 @ 6:30 pm at Buchholz High School.
If you want additional information about the Academy of Health Professions, please attend our Open House on January 27, 2020 @7:15 pm in the auditorium at GHS.
The Academy of Health Professions is a Career Academy Magnet program located on the campus of Gainesville High School. The focus of the AHP program is to provide experience for students interested in pursuing technical training in health-related careers.
The program consists of integrated curricula in applied academics and clinical experiences in health care settings. Directly following graduation, the student will be better prepared to seek employment in the health field and be able to continue education at the post secondary level.
The program articulates with the EKG Technician, Dental Aide, Physical Therapy Aide, and Certified Pharmacy Technician, Nursing, Emergency Medical Services programs at Santa Fe College and is operated in conjunction with the health care providers of the community.
Students can be enrolled in both AHP and Cambridge.
Benefits of AHP:
- Foundation for future
- Clinical experience
- Industry certification
- Bank nine hours of SFC credit with grade of B or better on exit exam
- Qualify for Gold Seal Scholarship - Overall GPA of 3.0 & 3.5 in AHP courses
- Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA)
The Selection Process consists of:
- Applying online to the Academy of Health Professions (AHP) by the February 3, 2020 @ 11:59 PM - DEADLINE
- Essay Mandatory - Submitted Online with Application
- May apply to 4 CTE programs in total - Ranking of programs very important
- Teacher recommendations (strongly encouraged).
- Making a commitment to participate in clinicals, complete program of studies and testing in Nursing Assistant, Allied Health (Physical Therapy Aide, Certified Pharmacy technician, Certified EKG Technician) and Emergency Medical Services program through dual enrollment at Santa Fe College.
AHP OPEN HOUSE WILL BE AT GAINESVILLE HIGH SCHOOL ON JANUARY 27, 2020 at 7:15 pm - AUDITORIUM
OUR PROGRAM DOES NOT ALLOW SHADOWING AT ALL. PLEASE ATTEND OPEN HOUSE TO RECEIVE INFORMATION ABOUT AHP AND FOR THE INSTRUCTORS TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.
APPLICATION WILL BE ON THE SCHOOL BOARD OF ALACHUA COUNTY'S WEBSITE BUT DOES NOT OPEN UNTIL JANUARY 7, 2020
JANUARY 7, 2020- APPLICATION OPENS ONLINE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 3 , 2020 @ 11:59 PM- Online submission only.
March 30, 2020 - - Parent notification of acceptance/waitlist
April 7, 2020 - Parent/Student commitment deadline
APPLICATION/PROCESS QUESTIONS ARE DIRECTED TO THE DISTRICT OFFICE.
Contact Kim Neal - 352-955-7629 or firstname.lastname@example.org
School/Program Specific Questions: Contact AHP 955-6707