Your counselors is here to help serve students' needs in a variety of ways. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please feel free to email or call me.
Stop Bullying Now
Using the Second Step Violence Prevention Curriculum, we teach students how to be aware of bullying, what to do as a bystander, and types of bullying (including cyberbullying and sexual harassment). Students are given resources to use to address these issues.
SCHOOL-WIDE COUNSELING Tier 1 RTI SMALL GROUP COUNSELING Tier 2 RTI INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING TIER 3 RTI STUDENT SERVICES SUPPORT
- Positive Behavior Support Program (PBS)
- Counseling Curriculum including bullying prevention, healthy relationships, student success skills, academic planning for high school and careers, and substance abuse prevention
- Identifying students for small groups based on academic and behavioral data
- Identifying students for special programs: Take Stock in Children, Duke Tip, Food for Kids, Motivation Mentors, 504's, EPT's
- Individual counseling for one or multiple sessions as needed using the brief counseling model
Discuss issues related to academic, career, and personal/social skills
- Consultation and coordination with teachers, outside agencies, parents, and district personnel
- Coordinating FCAT testing
- Progress Monitoring
Degrees and Certifications: