Some Shocking Statistics (USA)
- There will be 1 million more computing jobs than students over the next 10 years (adding up to $500 billion in salaries)
- More than 50 percent of all projected math and science occupations are in computing occupations.
- Computing occupations are among the highest-paying jobs for new graduates. Yet fewer than 3% of college students graduate with a degree in computer science.
- In 36 states, computer science classes don’t count toward math or science high school graduation requirements.
- A.P. Computer Science is taught in only 5% of U.S. high schools
- Fewer than 20 percent of AP Computer Science students are women.
- Fewer than 10 percent are Black/African American and Hispanic