Alachua County Public Schools is committed to ensuring that our web site is accessible to everyone. Our new website is designed from the ground up with the intent of creating a website that is accessible to all visitors and devices. This site features a responsive design, which adjusts the layout of the website to the device you are using. The page navigation allows visitors to quickly access the pages they are looking for and without breaking existing bookmarks or links. While we strive to create a web experience that is accessible to all viewers following the guidelines of Section508, it is possible that certain features may not work as intended or links may be broken. If you come across a section of our website that is not accessible or does not function the way it was intended, we want to hear from you! Please let us know by filling out this brief form with the address (URL) of the page as well as a brief description of the problem. If you are looking for assistance using the accessibility tools on your device, you can also click one of the links below to learn more from your device manufacturer.
- ACPS is actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so endeavors to conform to WCAG 2.0 Level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user-friendly for all people.
- Navigation is consistent throughout the site.
- The main navigation menu is on the top of each page.
- Section links can be found in both the dropdowns or the left-hand column of the respective section.
- The footer contains links to accessibility design aspects and ADA contact information.
Increasing the font size
- The font size of content can be increased using the text re-sizer in the header.
- If you would like to increase the font size of the entire site, use the browser controls.
- In all modern browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer 8, Firefox, Safari) you can select View > Zoom or use the appropriate keyboard controls.
- In older versions of Internet Explorer, select View > Text Size.
- Unless they are purely decorative items, all images used on this web site have suitable Alt (alternative) attributes.
- Content should be usable/accessible with images "off" (disabled).
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- The first link in every page is a "skip to content" which is to skip directly to what is considered the main section of the page (the content).
- On interior pages, there is also a "skip to section navigation" link that will take you directly to those links.
- When printing from any browser, all navigation menus, banners and navigation bars are removed.
Additional links from ACPS