EDEP at Shell Elementary
Degrees and Certifications:
Kelly Baker, Coordinator
Email: bakerkr (@gm.sbac.edu)
Program Hours: School dismissal to 5:30 pm
TAX ID# 59-6000500
The following sliding-fee schedule has been established:
Full Rate $60.00
Scholarship Rate III $40.00
Scholarship Rate II $25.00
- Scholarships are available and based on household income. The parent must complete an application for Reduced EDEP Fees and income verification to determine the proper EDEP fees to be charged. Until this form is processed and approved, everyone will pay the full rate.
- If your child is withdrawing from the program, a request for a refund must be given in writing via email to the On-Site Coordinator. No refunds will be issued after 30 days from the last day in attendance.
- Fees are due weekly regardless of attendance
Payments may be made by credit card or bank account using the Procare parent app. Payments may also be made by check, money order or cash at the EDEP office.
Please DO NOT drop checks,money orders or cash off in the front office or with your child’s teacher.
Fees are due in ADVANCE, before the child attends. Fees are due no later than 10:00 am, Monday morning of each week.
Each Monday, after attendance, a late payment fee of $10 will be added to all unpaid accounts. Partial payments will be assessed a late fee.
Two weeks of unpaid fees will result in dismissal from EDEP and your space forfeited to a family on the waitlist.
Families will be charged each week regardless of attendance.
Enrolling in EDEP, a nonrefundable annual registration fee of $25.00 per child, per school is due at registration. If a child withdraws from EDEP, a new registration fee will be charged.
Late Pick-Up Fees
Beginning at closing time, late pick-up fees will be charged. The rate is $15.00 per child for every 15 minutes you are late picking your child up. Examples: If your child is picked up at 5:31 there will be a $15 late fee added to your account. After 5:31 your account will be charged a $15 late fee for every 15 minutes after. Example if your child is picked up at 5:46 you will be charged a $30 late fee.
Habitual tardiness (2 times) in picking up children will result in dismissal from the program. Parents must call the EDEP to notify staff of any extenuating circumstances. Pick up after 7:00pm will result in immediate dismissal.
The clock from our sign out system will be used to determine the time.
Weekly Fees are charged each Monday morning. An official EDEP withdrawal form must be submitted to the site Coordinator prior to noon to cancel the current week fees. Students wishing to re-enroll (if space allows) will be charged a new registration fee of $25. Any refund request must be submitted to the Site Coordinator via email within 30 days of last attendance.
Financial Policies & Procedures
* Payment of fees are due in ADVANCE, before the child attends. Fees are due no later than 10:00 a.m. Monday morning each week. Prepayment of services assures compliance with the Florida State Constitution (Article VII, Section 10) which requires tuition to be paid in advance of services.
* Each Monday, after attendance a late payment fee of $10 will be added to all unpaid accounts. Partial payments will be assessed a late fee.
* Two weeks of unpaid fees will result in dismissal from EDEP and your space forfeited to a family on the waitlist.
* Families will be charged each week, regardless of attendance.
* Fees will not be prorated for holidays or absences.
* Make checks payable to EDEP. Include on the check your child’s name.
* Post dated and temporary checks will not be accepted.
* Accounts must be kept current regardless of custody issues.
* It is School Board policy to use Envision Payment Solutions to electronically redeposit returned checks. This electronic redeposit and associated fees will be indicated on your bank statement in the ATM or electronic payment section. The recovery fees vary, but will be a minimum of $25. If you have questions regarding the electronic process, please call Envision Payment Solutions at 1-877-290-5460 or 770-709-3100. Cash or online payments will be mandatory after a returned check.
Income Tax Information
It is the parents’ responsibility to retain receipts for IRS purposes. Please ask for and retain all receipts. The School Board of Alachua County Tax Identification Number is 59-6000500. Annual statements will be issued upon request for the current school year only. Tax records are available in the parent app.
Additional Program Information
The program will vary from school to school, according to the interests of the children and talents of the staff. All programs will include home-work and snack time, as well as recreational, academic, and enrichment activities.
Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for active play. Tennis shoes and a change of clothes are recommended.
Notification of Absences
If your child is at school but will be absent from EDEP, you must notify the school office or EDEP staff by 12:00 noon. If your child is absent from school, he/she will not be expected to attend EDEP and you will not need to call. Absences from the EDEP will be verified daily against the school absentee list. Children must be in school no later than noon to attend EDEP. A child absent from school MAY NOT attend EDEP.
If a child attended school and is expected to come to the EDEP but is not present at roll call, the coordinator will make every effort to notify the parents. The call will alert parents that their child did not come to the EDEP and will determine where the child is expected to be.
This policy is for the safety of the children attending the EDEP. It is important that you discuss with your children the importance of going to the program on days they are scheduled to attend, and that they know which days they are supposed to attend. This information must be given to the child’s classroom teacher. Any changes must be in writing and given to the teacher, as well as the EDEP staff.
Your cooperation in implementing this policy is very important. It will allow the staff to identify children who mistakenly get on the bus to go home or go to a friend’s house without permission. Because this is a safety issue, parents who do not follow this policy will be asked to remove their children from the program after the third call to locate their child. Children who repeatedly “skip” EDEP and go elsewhere after school will also be dismissed from the program.
All staff members must meet established educational and experience requirements for the position held and participate in training. Each employee must undergo state and local criminal background checks and drug testing. All on-site coordinators are certified in CPR and First Aid. The program provides a staff: child ratio of 1:20, which is well below the maximum licensing standards.
Emergencies and Illnesses
In the event of a medical emergency, reasonable effort will be made to contact parents/guardians for specific instructions. If parent cannot be reached, the coordinator will take necessary action. The action on the part of the program personnel does not obligate the personnel or the school to assume financial responsibility for the treatment of the child. The EDEP does provide accident insurance for participants. Claim forms and instructions are provided by the On-Site Coordinator. If a child becomes ill while attending the EDEP, the child’s parents/guardians will be contacted to pick the child up from the program. Refusal to pick up your child promptly could result in dismissal from EDEP.
EDEP personnel are not authorized to store or administer prescription medication and do not have access to medication stored in the school clinic. You are encouraged to ask your physician to prescribe dosage intervals that fall outside of EDEP hours. However, if the school nurse is still on campus during EDEP hours, EDEP may attempt to facilitate by delivering the student to the nurse for medication.
Notification of Changes
It is the parent's responsibility to notify the On-Site Coordinator if there are changes to the home address, phone numbers, custody arrangements, who may pick up the child (ren), etc. To ensure that your child's records are kept up-to-date, it is extremely important that you immediately notify the On-Site Coordinator of any changes. Emergency Phone numbers must be kept current. A local phone number must be provided. Long distance calling is not available.
Changes at home should be communicated so that staff will be prepared to deal with any changes in behavior.
Daily contact between parents and teachers is an important part of the program. By sharing information concerning your child’s activities and welfare, we can work together to better meet the child’s needs. It is extremely important that any change in address, emergency numbers, etc. be kept current.
Newsletters are sent home as needed to keep parents informed of upcoming events, programs activities, and health and safety issues. Conferences with the EDEP staff can be arranged by the parent or staff as needed.
All children in the EDEP will be expected and required to follow the Code of Student Conduct, EDEP rules, and any individual school rules. The School Board of Alachua County reserves the right to dismiss any child from the EDEP for repeated, disruptive behavior. Parents must remember that their child’s participation in EDEP is a privilege, not a right.
The steps listed below will be followed by the EDEP staff in the event of a disciplinary problem.
- Child will be given a warning.
- Child will be placed in time out.
- Conduct report will be written, which the parent must sign and return. Failure to sign form may result in dismissal. The conduct report may include being suspended from EDEP up to one week.
- When two conduct reports have been written a child may be dismissed or a parent conference may be requested. Refusal to attend conference will result in dismissal.
- At parent conference, child may be suspended for days, weeks, or permanently, depending on the severity of the behavior.
- Child may be permanently dismissed from any EDEP program.
- A child dismissed from one program will not be allowed to attend another program.
Dismissal from EDEP
The EDEP reserves the right to refuse service for the following reasons:
- Failure of parent or child to follow EDEP policies, procedures, or rules.
- Two written conduct reports or serious misbehavior that warrants immediate dismissal. (Children leaving supervised area will result in immediate dismissal)
- Parents or children are physically or verbally abusive to staff
- Failure to pay fees as scheduled. (One week late.)
- Failure to provide updated information and records.
- Failure to notify staff if child will be absent from EDEP. (Three times)
- Failure to adhere to closing time. (Two times.) Pick up after 7:00pm will result in immediate dismissal.
The EDEP on-site coordinator and/or principal have the authority to suspend or remove a participant without warning if the misbehavior or incident warrants
EDEP 2022-2023 Registration
2023-2024 EDEP Registration Requests
Shell EDEP will hold it's next lottery for any available spaces for the 2023-2024 school year during the week of preplanning (8/3/23-8/9/23). In order to enter into our lottery, please fill out a registration card front and back. Please make sure that your email address is legible because that's how Ms. Kelly will reach out to you. Registration cards can be picked up from the EDEP office or the front office if pre-arrangements are made through Ms. Kelly. The onsite coordinator, Ms. Kelly can be reached at (352) 554-3095 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and EDEP looks forward to working with you.
Our Daily Schedule
Here at EDEP, we like to provide a program which is both enriching and fun. We have put together a schedule which will allow the children plenty of time to do Homework and be able to participate in a variety of themed activities.
Daily ScheduleMon., Tues., Th., & Fri. Schedule1:52 - 2:00 Attendance2:00 - 2:30 Supper2:30 - 3:30 Outdoor Play / Homework Time3:30 - 4:30 Activity 14:30 - 5:00 Indoor / Outdoor Play5:00 -5:30 Clean Up / DismissalWed. Schedule12:37 - 1:00 Attendance1:00 -2:00 Outdoor Play / Homework Time2:00 - 2:30 Supper2:30 - 3:30 Activity 13:30 - 4:30 Activity 24:30 - 5:00 Indoor Play / Outdoor Play5:00 - 5:30 Clean Up / Dismissal
We offer homework time every day except Fridays. We encourage students to do their work and assist in any way that we can. Unfortunately, we do not have the staff to offer individual tutoring.
Please pull up to the back of the cafeteria in front of the glass double doors and please stay inside your vehicle. Call the EDEP Cell Phone: (352) 554-3095 with your four digit pin number and a staff member will walk your child to the door.