Welcome to the Academy of Veterinary Assisting
Director: Brian Skipper
Welcome to the Santa Fe High School Academy of Veterinary Assisting. Veterinary medicine is a multibillion-dollar industry that is becoming increasingly more technical and business oriented.
- The Veterinary Services Industry is worth more than 50 Billion dollars in 2019
- More than 400,000 Americans are employed in this industry
- Well paying jobs are waiting for you no matter which area of veterinary medicine you choose
- Improving medical technologies have allowed veterinary professionals to begin performing more specialized procedures in house
- Veterinary assistants are expected to have a 19% growth in employment
- Veterinary assistants can find employment in small animal hospitals, private practices, or educational institutions that treat animals
- The advantages of becoming a Certified Veterinary Assistant include setting a foundation for immediate employment after High School, or for entering college programs such as the AS in Vet Technology or even Vet College.
The program is a four year program, and each course is weighted as an honors course. Students will be able to complete certification requirements set forth by the Florida Veterinary Medical Assoc. to become a Certified Vet Assistant if they choose.
All Academy of Veterinary Assisting students will also be able to join the Santa Fe FFA Chapter. FFA is the nations largest student run leadership organization. The National FFA Organization is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth, and careerr success through agricultural education.