Our School Parking Protocols
In order to keep children safe, and keep drop-off and pick-up as efficient as possible, Duval Early Learning Academy has adopted these protocols. We ask that all caregivers review and follow the protocols in order to contribute to our safe school culture and demonstrate consideration and respect for all.
- Drivers must remain in their vehicles while parked in the valet line during prime pick-up and drop-off times.
- Student drop off is in the back parking lot in the right lane during the hours of 7:00-7:30. After 7:30, students will need to sign in at the front office. Duval staff will help all children from their cars during these times.
- Student Pick Up is in the front of the school. Please remain in your vehicle and continue to pull forward with the flow of traffic. Dismissal is 1:15 (M,T,Th,F) and 12:00 (W).
- Whenever traffic along the green curb is backed up to behind the first crosswalk, those against the curb (lane 1) should load and unload there.
- Those in the far line (lane 2) will be prioritized and directed to a space along the green curb (in lane 1 past the first crosswalk) as soon as one is available.
- When those on the green curb are loading or unloading, those that have already loaded and or unloaded from the lane 1 will be directed through to the lane 2 to exit.
- Head Start drop off is in the back parking lot of the school. Vehicles need to use the left lane and park in a parking space to escort the child to his/her classroom before 8:00. After 8:00, students will need to go to the front office to check in. Duval staff will help all children from their cars during these times.
- Head Start pick up is in the back parking lot of the school. Vehicles will need to use the left lane and park to check the student out from his/her classroom.
- While in the valet line, please pull all the way to the front until traffic is stopped.
- A staff member will escort your child to/from your car.
- Children should have their things gathered and be ready to unload as soon as the car is against the curb.
- Always use the designated crosswalks.
Thank you for helping to keep all of our children safe, and to alleviate traffic as much as possible!