Office of Student Assignment and Zoning

Magnet Program Information

  • The application window for all magnet programs for the 2020-2021 school year will open January 2020. 

     Click here for information

Request for Assignment Exception

School Choice -- Controlled Open Enrollment -- 2020-21 School Year Information Coming Soon

Welcome to our schools!

  • Enrolling in School


    The Office of Student Assignment assigns school to property parcels based on geographic location within the county.  Each parcel is assigned to an elementary, middle and high school.  These are referred to as zoned schools.  Students residing on a given property must attend the school to which the property is assigned.

    Parents may apply to have their students attend schools other than their zoned schools.  This is managed through the school choice program, offered late winter and early spring for the following school year. Any school choice applications received after the deadline are to be placed at the bottom of the waiting list and processed only as time permits. Assignment exceptions received that do not meet the requirements of that policy are to be treated as a request for school choice.

    Parents who miss the school choice window or experience unforeseen circumstances may apply for a zoning exception.  The form for applying can be downloaded by clicking on the link entitled Request for Assignment Exception.  Zoning exceptions are granted for a single school year and must be renewed annually.  Exceptions can be revoked at any time for student disciplinary problems, excessive absences or tardiness.


    Find your zone


    New residents please contact the District's Zoning Office at (352) 955-7700 to verify school attendance zone information.

Contact Us

  • Department email address:  zoning (

    Fax:  (352) 955-7990 

    Comments (-1)
  • Kim Neal
    Director FTE / State Reporting and Office of Student Assignment
    e-mail:  nealkm
    Ph (352) 955-7712

    Comments (-1)
  • Martha Dean
    Supervisor, Office of Student Assignment
    e-mail:  deanme
    Ph (352) 955-7700

    Comments (-1)
  • Dawn Boyer
    Specialist II, Student Assignment
    e-mail:  boyerd
    Ph (352) 955-7700

    Comments (-1)