Parking, Pick Up and Drop Off
In order to keep children safe, and keep drop-off and pick-up as efficient as possible, our School has adopted these protocols. We ask that all caregivers review and follow the protocols in order to contribute to our safe school culture and demonstrate consideration and respect for all. At the end of the day, the children are watching. Please remember you are modeling for them the necessity of following school rules and showing respect for all.
Drop off and pick-up should occur only from the northern lot on NW 62nd St in the car line. Dropping off and picking up in the southern bus drop off lot is strictly prohibited as it is a major safety concern.
Getting To and From School Safely
* For Your Child's Safety: Parents MUST display the Orange card for pick up at the car pick-up area. If the card is not displayed, you must come into the front office and show your ID.
* Bus students are to go directly to the bus loading area upon dismissal. Students will board the bus, find their seat and remain in their seat. Students are not permitted to exit the bus without the permission of the driver or supervising teacher.
* Students go directly home after being dropped off at their bus stop. Children will not get off at a different stop without a note from home. Students must have a note from home and signed by the principal to ride a bus different from his/her regular bus.
* All automobile traffic must use the car area in front of the school (main entrance). Single-lane traffic only is permitted in the car pick-up area.
* Cars will follow the established traffic pattern. Drivers are asked to pull up as far as possible next to the sidewalk. Please do not leave a car unattended in the loading zone.
* Parent must come into the front office to sign out any student not picked up on time.
Picking Up Children From School Early: Children are not released directly from the classroom to leave school before dismissal times. You MUST come to the office first and sign out your child. Your child will be sent for and released to you.