The Behavior Resource Teacher, Alex Martinez (BRT) is a member of the W.W. Irby Resource Team.
His primary responsibility is to provide support to students and teachers. Our ultimate goal at Irby is to create a positive and safe learning environment so that each student can reach his/her maximum potential.
What does a Behavior Resource Teacher do?
* works to improve school-wide behavior to maximize instructional time
* supports teachers through behavior intervention and positive discipline strategies
* provides tools for students to learn pro-social behaviors such as empathy, impulse control, and anger management
* teaches students to be responsible for their own behavior
* provides supervision for students before and after school, in the hallways, and in the lunchroom
How can you help your child?
* practice consistent routines and establish clear rules at home which will carry over to school (i.e. waiting your turn, listening while others speak, etc.)
* teach age-appropriate independence and responsibility
* encourage the use of "I Care" language when interacting with others
Click HERE for the ACPS Code of Student Conduct.