ACPS email names are followed by: @gm.sbac.edu
Policies and Procedures
Checking out books from our school’s library is a privilege and a vital part of the learning process. Policies help ensure our students are responsible stewards of our wide collection of books so that all students will continue to have access to these valuable resources.
Book Checkout Policy:
Book checkout is for one week and books may be renewed once.
- Kindergarten students may check out 1 book, but the book will remain in the classroom.
- Students in First Grade may check out 1 book
- Students in Grades 2-5 may check out 2 books
- Kindergarten students may check out 1 book* and take it home
- Students in Grades 1-5 may check out 2 books
*Kindergarten parents will need to submit a permission form to take their book home.
- If a book is damaged, please bring the book and we will determine if it can be repaired.
- If the book cannot be repaired, the fee will be assessed.
- Fees will not be assessed for damage due to normal wear and tear.
Overdue Book Policy:
- If a book is not returned or renewed after one week, an overdue notice will be issued to the student through the classroom teacher.
- The student will not be allowed to borrow any more books until all overdue books are returned.
- When several overdue notices have been issued, we will presume the book is lost.
- Students with lost books from Wiles or other county schools will not be allowed to check out books until fines are paid.
Options for Lost Books:
- Find the item
- Pay the replacement fee
- Purchase a replacement copy of the book for the library
Replacement fees can be found on the overdue notice and can be paid online on mySchoolBucks. The payment is refundable if a lost book is found and returned during the current school year.