Oak View Library Media Center
Welcome and thank you for visiting the Media Center website. In our media center, we have over 15,000 books, 10 computers for Internet research, a laptop cart for whole-class instruction/research, a printer for students' projects, a reading corner, and a Games/Brain Drain Puzzle/Drawing center. Reading opens windows to new worlds, so be sure and stop by to interact with our book collection!
- Research & Reference assistance
- Media skills workshops
- Technology assistance
- Promotional programs
- Teacher Production Lab
- Class set of laptop cart for use in the media center
- Students may check out two books for two weeks.
- A student with an overdue book cannot check out any more books until the overdue book is returned or renewed.
- A student with a lost or damaged book cannot check out any more books until the book has been replaced or paid for.
- Students who are unable to check out books can still borrow books from the library's non-cataloged collection of weeded titles or from teachers' classroom collections.
- Students must have passes/signed planners to come to the Library Media Center before/during school.
- Computers are available before and after school for class research and assignments.
- Students may use the Internet for assigned work only.
- Students may print in the media center lab, but only with prior permission.
- Students cannot come to the library during lunch unless given prior permission and a pass from Mr. Hunt or Mr. Scott.
Hours of Operation
Library Open - starting at 7:45 AM every morning. Subject to change without warning.
Mornings - are for book circulations and quiet study hall. Legitimate school work only is allowed on the computers, at Mr. Hunt's discretion. Noisy and/or academically-unoccupied students in the morning will be relocated, also at Mr. Hunt's discretion. Student capacity is limited and subject to change without warning.
Afternoons - closed at 3:30 Monday-Thursday, at 3:00 on Fridays.
During the school year, students can check out 2 books for a maximum of 2 weeks. Both books can be from the same author or series.
No new books can be checked out if a book is overdue, lost, or damaged. The problem must be fixed before a student can check out any new books. Students blocked from checking out books should see Mr. Hunt to resolve their issue.