Employment and Application Procedures
Applications are reviewed by the Human Resources staff to determine if applicants are qualified for the position for which they have applied. Worksite supervisors/ Principals will conduct interviews, check references, and recommend the selected applicant to the Human Resources Division. A member of the Human Resources staff will contact the applicant and make the official offer of employment.
To receive correspondence regarding your application or positions for which you have applied, you must provide an email address.
Employment is contingent upon:
- Reporting for a drug test within 24 hours of the job offer AND a negative test result.
- Submission of fingerprints through the Fieldprint's electronic fingerprinting system and criminal history background clearance. The applicant must pay the $49.25 cost for the fingerprint processing.
- Official college transcript(s), high school diploma, copy of GED, licenses and other official document, are required for the position prior to attendance at New Employment Orientation.
- Attendance at New Employee Orientation and completion of the required Human Resources/payroll forms.
- All new employees MUST utilize direct deposit for payroll checks.
- School Board approval
You may keep your application active by frequently updating your application. Inactive applications will be deleted after one year.
All applicants MUST complete the electronic application and attach all required documents in order to apply for a position. Individuals needing computer access or assistance may visit the CareerSource Office located at 10 NW 6th Street or the ACPS Division of Human Resources, Alachua County Public Schools District Office, 620 East University Avenue.
To begin the application process you will need to register and create a username and password.
- Once your account(s) have been created, you can return to update your application, add attachments, view your application, and apply for advertised positions.
- All questions marked with an (*) asterisk must be completed.
- Within the application there is an “Attachments” section to be used to submit documents.
If you need assistance scanning documents, scanning services are available in the Human Resources Department.
Alachua County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), marital status, disability (Section 504/ADA), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics or legally-protected characteristics in its educational programs and activities.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified applicants with disabilities during the application and interview process. To request accommodations please contact the Human Resources Division at 352-955-7714, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org