The goals of the Homeless Education Program are to:
- Identify all preschool (3 & 4 yrs. old) & school-aged students who are homeless or in transition.
- Assist with school enrollment & transportation to school.
- Remove barriers to their education.
- Provide supplemental academic assistance (tutors).
- Facilitate the student's ability to maintain a stable educational environment.
- Make referrals for health & other services as needed by each child and family.
- Educate district staff and the community about the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act and services provided by the ACPS Homeless Education Program