Process for applying to conduct research
All research must be conducted in compliance with School Board of Alachua County Policy 2605.
Follow this procedure to apply for doing research on the Alachua County Public School system. NOTE: You must complete and submit one set of requirements for each school in which you plan to do research.
- Download and complete one copy of the Application for Research in Alachua County Public Schools.
- Attach a copy of your Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval form. Attach a brief description of your research protocol.
- Attach copies of all your data gathering instruments and/or a detailed description of the data required.
- Submit all the above materials to the Research Department for initial approval. The Research office is located in the West Wing of the School Board Administration building at 620 East University Avenue in Gainesville.
- Approved applications will be forwarded to the principal of the school for approval.
- The applicant will be notified by the Research Department once all approvals have been made.