Student Records

  • Student enrollment in the Alachua County Public School system initiates the development of an education record or cumulative record folder.  Former and current student records requests may be solicited by those who have authorization.

    Students and their parents or guardians have rights of access, challenge, and privacy with respect to student cumulative records.  The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a federal law, requires that the School Board, with certain exceptions, obtain written consent prior to the disclosure of personally identifiable information from a student’s record.  Copies of student records may be released upon written request or consent of the student's parent or guardian, or the adult student, 18 years of age or older.

    Current Student Records

    Actively enrolled student’s records are maintained at the school where the student is actively enrolled. These records are transferred with students as they are promoted or moved to other schools within the Alachua County Schools District.  

    Former and Inactive Student Records

    Inactive cumulative records are records of students who have graduated, transferred, or left the district and are no longer enrolled in an Alachua County Public School.  These student records are maintained at the district Student Records office.

    Authorized entities interested in obtaining student records can do so by calling the school that the student is attending. If the student has graduated, transferred, or left the district, please fax or mail the  Records Release Authorization Form to the Student Records office.  Graduate records less than five years old should be requested from the last school the student attended.

    Information needed to obtain records includes:

      • Present name of student
      • Name while attending school/maiden name (if different than present name)
      • Name of Alachua County Public School(s) for which you are requesting records
      • Year last attended or year graduated
      • Date of birth
      • Address or fax number where the records should be sent - please provide a list for multiple requests
      • Signature
      • Copy of driver's license, state ID or other forms of identification showing picture, name, and date of birth

    GED Records Request

    Records for students who have obtained a GED may be requested directly from the Florida Department of Education or by calling (850) 245-0449 or toll-free at 877-352-4331.

    Graduation Verification

    Agencies and employers may request graduation verification by clicking the following link. A records release from the former student must be uploaded with request.

Contact Us

Records Requests

  • **Coming Soon: All student records requests (current and former) and all student verification requests will be submitted and processed online. Please be on the lookout for additional information to follow.**

    Requests can be submitted by postal mail, FAX or email.

    Postal Mail:

    Alachua County Public School
    Student Records Office
    620 E. University Avenue
    Gainesville, FL 32601

    Email:  studentrecords (

    FAX : 844-269-7051

    All records requests are processed in the order they are received. The normal processing time is three to four business days. 

    For more information, contact Student Records by phone at (352) 955-7740. 

Our Location

  • Student Records is located at 1800 SE Hawthorne rd (32641), in the School Bus Compound.

    Summer Hours: June 6th - August 5th

    Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 4:30pm