Health Services

  • The Alachua County Public School Health Services Program provides professional and compassionate health care to students at school during the school day. The mission of the program is to promote and maintain the physical and mental well-being of students to ensure their success at school.

    Every ACPS school has a full-time nurse. Nurses and other staff members follow health-related procedures outlined in the district’s School Health Handbook. The School Health Plan and other important health-related information is available at

    Alachua County Public Schools' Wellness Committee meets twice a year to coordinate the district's efforts to promote a healthy learning environment and lifelong wellness. The committee addresses issues such as:

    • nutrition education
    • physical activity
    • other school-based activities designed to promote student wellness
    • nutrition guidelines for all foods available on the school campus during the day
    • plans for measuring implementation of the guidelines

    Parental Consent for Healthcare

    Under Florida law, parents/guardians must give 'active' consent for their child to receive health care such as management for chronic health conditions, vision/hearing/scoliosis/dental screening, and other services. ALL students will be provided with emergency care, first aid treatment and acute care as deemed necessary by a school nurse, even without active consent from a parent/guardian.

    To give active consent for your child to receive screenings and other health services at school, you must complete a Consent for Health Services form. The form can be found under "Annual Updates"  in your Skyward Family Access account.

    If you do not have a Skyward Family Access account, you can set one up online or by emailing and providing: your full name and a photo ID; your student’s full name, date of birth, grade level and school. A Skyward Family Access account also gives you access to your child’s grades, test scores, attendance records and other important information.

    Parents/guardians without a Family Access account can also request a hard copy of the health form from their child’s school.

    If your child needs medication at school for any reason, you must also complete a Medication/Treatment Authorization Form, which is available from your school nurse and at